I am a writer, a dreamer, a yogi and a renaissance woman.
My background is in journalism, but these days I work more in content marketing and digital strategy. As a curious lady, interviewing people, learning new things, being a perpetual student, and immersing myself in research are some of my favourite things. You can find my words regularly on the Adobe Blog, where I cover the intersection of psychology and UX design. I’ve been published in VICE, xoJane, THIS Magazine, Huffington Post, The Next Web and various other publications. Previously, I was the managing editor of Yonge Street Media and co-ran a popular local website called Toronto Music Scene.
I am also a certified yoga teacher. My classes are body positive and inclusive, which I am super proud of and passionate about. I’m a crystal-wearing tarot reader who often smells of juniper berry, grapefruit and black spruce, three of my favourite essential oils. I blog about this stuff at Inner Empress Yoga, which is where you can find my yoga teaching schedule and book a reading.
My greatest strength is my energy.
My greatest weakness is a perfectly cubed piece of Swiss cheese.
- Content writing
- On-page optimization
- Strategy & implementation
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Blog articles and features
- Web content, copy, landing pages and product
- Press releases, copywriting, ghostwriting, newsletters and marketing collateral
- White papers & case studies
- 12+ years interviewing and reporting
- UoT post grad certificate in Digital Strategy and Communications Management
- B2B + B2C + H2H
- WordPress, Joomla, Wagtail & other CMS
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Microsoft Office
- Intermediate front end HTML, basic CSS
- Excellent liaison between developers, designers, marketers and stakeholders
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- On budget, on time
- Spreadsheet junkie
- Advocate for human-centred design
- Driven by user research
- Empathetic and professional
- Sprint/agile methodologies